A Blog For Successful Landlords! header image 2

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

February 9th, 2012 · 4,390 Comments · Property management

 

There was a horrible story hitting the news at the end of January.   A family of 5 went to bed…and never woke up.   See the CBC story here. 

The coroner believes the family renting the Whitehorse house died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the night.

Firefighters entered the property using a breathing apparatus and believe the problem began with a smoke stack connected to the furnace.

There were no carbon dioxide detectors in the home.

Whether you take the side it’s up to the landlord to supply the detectors or up to the tenants, it’s clear a responsible landlord will supply carbon monoxide detectors to tenants, and get them to sign off on it.

A memorial was held for the Rusk family on February 4th.

 

Tags: